$25.00 – $50,500.00
The purpose of the Drive for Men’s Health marathon is to increase awareness of men’s health issues and to encourage men to make their health a priority.
Support The Drive For Men’s Health
Member of the exclusive D4MH Club: Be the first to get all the details about this year’s event, and learn how funds raised are being used.
4,000 MILES, 1 COOL CAR, 3.5 BILLION MEN.
A cross-country adventure celebrating Men’s Health Week. We’re hitting the road in a brand-new BMW i8, stopping in major metropolitan cities to talk to men across the country about men’s health issues – from lifestyle to life-saving.
The Drive includes:
- 4,000+ miles from NYC to Florida
- Streaming interviews with top physicians from around the world
- Real-world talks with men about important health issues
- Supporting research and scholarships for future health leaders
WHY WE DRIVE
Men’s health issues are important but they aren’t always discussed regularly and openly. It’s important that men are aware of health issues they could face and know it is ok to talk about these issues with their doctor, friends and family.
TEN MEN’S HEALTH FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW
- Men are 24% less likely to go to the doctor than women.
- 100,000 men live with chronic testicular pain each year.
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lives.
- 230,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year.
- Men are 2 times as likely to die from melanoma than women.
- Men can get breast cancer! There are roughly 2,000+ cases a year and 400 deaths!
- The average man’s life expectancy is almost 5 years less than a woman’s.
- 6 million men are diagnosed with depression each year. Millions more won’t talk about it.
- Men who sit 6+ hours a day have an 18% higher chance of dying from heart disease or diabetes.
- “Macho Man” culture means men are less likely to talk about physical and mental health.
Much of this is preventable with lifestyle changes and open communication. Opening this dialogue is why we Drive for Men’s Health.
FOR FUN. FOR AWARENESS. FOR A CAUSE.
Proceeds from the Drive for Men’s Health will go to support local and national initiatives advancing the health and wellbeing of men throughout the country.