Drive 4 Men’s Health is a very unique event to promote global awareness and education about men’s health, and we need your help. We are creating a movement to get guys to take better care of themselves and to learn about treatment options for various men’s health topics that may not be discussed very publicly.
The TESLA Drive 4 Men’s Health – June 12-13th, 2014 – Clermont, FL to Manhattan, NYC:
We combined an event about cool cars, the TESLA Model S all electric car, a cannonball run, new technology & innovation, and meaningful education about serious mens health issues all into one event – to try to engage men from all over the world to better educate themselves about health issues and to bring about more awareness of serious but preventable conditions.
Dr. Sijo Parekattil & Dr. Jamin Brahmbhatt are planning on setting the Guinness World Record for the fastest time (shortest non-driving charge time) from Clermont, FL to Manhattan, NYC starting at 8:30am on Thursday June 12th (starting off from South Lake Hospital) to the TESLA showroom in Manhattan (arriving at 8am on Friday June 13th). Along the way and at each of the charging stations along the east coast (we will be stopping at TESLA supercharging stations along I-95 – every 150-200miles) – we have over 40 distinguished speakers from over 30 institutions from around the world talking about various mens health issues – from addiction to robotics, and more. We will have live google hangout video feeds, twitter, Facebook, etc so that men can engage with us & these speakers live and in realtime on our website at: www.drive4menshealth.com
We want to start a conversation about these issues and we want to get global awareness about these problems. The only way we can make a change is if we ourselves commit to education and awareness. We have to be the change that we want to see (quote from Mahatma Gandhi).
There is no way we will succeed without your help. We need your help in the following ways:
- Please come out to support us in Clermont for the take off from South Lake Hospital, Clermont, FL – 7:30-8:30am on Thursday June 12th – there will be a car show there and a few speakers. It should be a really fun event! We take off at 8:30am
- Please come out to support us in New York City at the TESLA showroom for the arrival at from 8-10am in Manhattan – 511 W. 25th Street, New York, NY 10001
- Please come out to support us at any of the TESLA supercharging stations along the way:
- Support our Indiegogo campaign at: www.d4mh.com
We are trying to raise funds for 2 causes:
- A research initiative for a novel genetic study on men with chronic groin or testicular pain, post-vasectomy pain and post-inguinal hernia pain. The PUR clinic is trying to assess if there may be any genetic abnormalities that could explain why some men suffer from these conditions.
- A scholarship fund to cover tuition costs for students aspiring to attend the new Florida Polytechnic University, Lakeland, Florida. This is a one of kind engineering school geared at developing engineers for the future. The school uses industry and medical partnerships/internships as part of an immersive real-life training model so that all graduates would be engaged in solving current day problems during their entire educational experience. For more info visit: http://floridapolytechnic.org
So far, we have been blessed with the gracious support of a number of entities: Genomic Health & South Lake Hospital (The PUR Clinic) — our title sponsors. Other sponsors: Intuitive Surgical, Vascular Technology Inc., Urolift, Healthtronics, Qdx Pathology, United HealthCare, Clermont Pharmacy, Lake County & the South Lake Chamber of Commerce, the City of Clermont, RAMSES — The Robotic Assisted Microsurgical & Endoscopic Society, Florida Polytechnic University, The University of Michigan Central Florida Alumni Club, DJ Doc, Skillful Antics, Stoma Cloak, Tezz Mobile Solutions, AFOMO (A Family of My Own Fertility Conference) & STAR (Science & Technology Advancement through Robotics). Other support: The Clermont Police Department, Commissioner Sean Parkes, numerous community leaders, physicians and individuals (kind enough to bring out their cars for the Car Show in Clermont), the Porsche Club of North Carolina (bringing our cars in NC), The New York University of Michigan Alumni Club, the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce, Red Bull, over 40 physician speakers from all around the world. Mens Health Network & the AUA Care Foundation.